Tuesday 24 May 2011

Feeling Fruity


A run of sunny days and blue skies; two consecutive bank holiday weekends with another on its way; and a Royal wedding under our belts.  Is it just me or does everyone seem a little bit chirpier than usual this spring?

I certainly am, as is my desperate urge to feel the sun on my arms and legs.  But unless you're super-organised and have executed a seasonal wardrobe changeover from your winter-wear to summer - trust me I actually know people who religiously do this - you, like me, have been furiously rummaging in drawers and in the back of your cupboard for that floaty blouse and summer dress you wore to death last summer.  Having pulled them out from under a mountain of chunky winter cardies and roll necks I have to say on first glance I felt decidedly underwhelmed and well, bored.  I needed something cheerful.  Okay okay I wanted something new which wasn't an 'investment' piece (yawn) and smacked of something a bit silly and fun - so the whimsical fruity micro-trend, kicked off by those mad dangly resin banana earrings Mrs Prada sported at the end of her S/S 2011 runway show last autumn, was just the ticket.


My sister had managed to nab us both a limited edition Orla Kiely pear tote from Tesco which got the ball rolling nicely but I wanted more.  There's lots out there to play with and here's my pick of the bunch (sorry!) including some sweet fabrics for those feeling a bit crafty.








1 comment:

  1. The great writer is one that knows the best about the things that surrounds us. Your writings have proved to me that you are really a knowledgeable person. Your words have glued me to the articles you have produced.
    Wholesale Clothing London

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...